Request CME Conference
Have an Idea for CME?
If you would like to propose a Continuing Medical Education (CME) conference speaker and topic, please complete and submit a CME Application
. You may also call us about your proposal at (360) 715-4104 or contact us via e-mail
Joint Sponsorship Applications
are used when an entity outside PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center requests PeaceHealth St. Joseph to provide accreditation for a continuing medical education activity for physicians. Please contact the CME Coordinator for more information.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA) to sponsor continuing medical education activities for physicians. As such, PeaceHealth St. Joseph must provide the WSMA with thorough documentation of needs and planning for each Category 1 CME activity we provide. Our application is designed to help you through the planning process and help you to document the effort that goes into providing quality educational activities. If this is your first time applying for CME credit, please review the Definition of CME
, Speaker Information
and Commercial Support
Applications are reviewed by the PeaceHealth St. Joseph CME Committee upon submission. Please plan to submit your completed application and supporting documents 3 to 6 months in advance. Should you have questions or need help, do not hesitate to contact the CME Coordinator at (360) 715-4104.
The following are necessary to complete a Category 1 CME application:
- A planning committee. This committee must include at least two people and the chair must be a physician. If you intend to apply for AAFP credit, an AAFP member should be on your planning committee.
- Two items that document need for the proposed educational activity. These documents can include minutes from a department meeting, notes from a formal or informal discussion (in person, over the phone, or via e-mail), literature reviews, statistics drawn from Quality Services data, state mandated requirements and regulatory changes, survey results, new technology developments, etc.
- Target audience: Physician providers (specialties) for whom the education is intended and other healthcare providers who may be interested.
- Proposed speaker with contact information and his or her CV or resume
- Proposed goal of educational activity (a general outcome)
- Proposed Learning Objectives (pdf) (minimum three, stating specific learning outcomes in behavioral terms)
- Suggested teaching methods (case presentation, didactic lecture, literature review, etc.)
- Estimated attendance and costs. Note that all funds and expenses related to CME must be handled and disbursed through the CME office. Commercial support can be accepted only through an educational grant to CME. No direct or indirect payments by the commercial supporter may be made to speakers, planners or joint sponsorship organization.