Request CME Application
If you are a PeaceHealth Northwest Network provider and are interested in organizing a Continuing Medical Education (CME) activity for physicians, please contact the PeaceHealth St. Joseph CME Office by e-mail
or by phone: (360) 715-4104.
On occasion, PeaceHealth St. Joseph collaborates with other health-care organizations in the region to jointly provide Category 1 CME activities for physicians. Please contact the CME Office for more information and Joint Providership Application materials.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. As an accredited CME provider, PeaceHealth St. Joseph must meet the WSMA's rigorous planning and documentation requirements for each activity designated for Category 1 credit. Our application is designed to help you through the planning process and meet the WSMA criteria for high-quality educational activities. If this is your first time applying for CME credit, please review the Definition of CME
, Speaker Information
and Commercial Support
Applications are reviewed by the PeaceHealth St. Joseph CME Committee which determines whether to award CME credit. Please plan to submit your completed application and supporting documents 3 to 6 months in advance. Should you have questions or need help, do not hesitate to contact the CME Office at (360) 715-4104.
The following are necessary to complete a Category 1 CME application:
- A planning committee. This committee must include at least two people and the chair must be a physician (MD or DO). If you intend to apply for AAFP (Family Practice) credit, an AAFP member should be on your planning committee.
- Two items that document physician need for the proposed education. Documentation may include, for example, minutes from a department or committee meeting, notes from a formal or informal discussion about a performance issue or practice gap, medical literature review, statistics from Quality Services data, state-mandated requirements or regulatory changes, survey results, new advances in research, treatment options, or technology, etc.
- Target audience: Applicants will identify physicians (specialties) for whom the education is intended, and allied healthcare providers who may be interested.
- Proposed speaker name, credential, contact information and his or her CV or resume.
- Goal of educational activity (a general outcome).
- Proposed Learning Objectives (pdf): Minimum three, stating what attendees should be able to DO after the education.
- Suggested teaching methods (case presentation, didactic lecture, simulation, hands-on lab, medical literature review, etc.)
- Estimated attendance and costs. Note that all funding related to CME must be handled and disbursed through the CME Office. Commercial support may be accepted only through an unrestricted medical education grant to CME. No direct or indirect payments by the commercial supporter may be made to speakers, planners or joint sponsorship organization.