PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is committed to providing Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities that will aid our local physicians in promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way.
Our CME Program’s primary target audience is the medical staff of PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and referring providers. Our secondary audience includes PeaceHealth Southeast Alaska medical staff and referring providers, physicians in San Juan, Skagit and Island counties, and allied health professionals working cooperatively with physicians to deliver personal and community healthcare.
We are committed to the highest standards in our CME planning and implementation practices and adhere to the Washington State Medical Association and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
(ACCME) Accreditation Guidelines in fulfillment of this commitment.
Our CME program addresses professional practice gaps through enhancing physician competency, performance and improving patient outcomes. A wide array of sources are used to support what level of change is needed, including, but not limited to, peer review data, quality indicators, department committee meetings, current medical journals, assessments by the patient outcomes improvement committee and a variety of other credible data sources.
The program achieves this by:
- Assessing and meeting the educational needs of our physicians
- Promoting communication and collaboration within the physician community, both across and within specialties
- Providing timely, relevant, accessible and inspiring activities that bridge the gap between emerging medical advances and clinical practice
- Supporting our vision for every patient receiving safe, evidence-based, compassionate care; every time, every touch
Our CME program includes the following:
- Live activities designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ (non-series, as needed)
- Category 1 Regularly Scheduled Series activities (Tumor Board, DermPath, etc.)
- AAFP Prescribed Credit activities
- Category 1 activities jointly provided with organizations that seek to improve personal and/or community health
- Category 1 credit for teaching at live activities