RiverBend Online Press Kit
- The RiverBend campus is located on 181 acres along the McKenzie River. The hospital is more than 1.2 million square feet, including Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute (OHVI).
- The hospital and OHVI buildings are more than two football fields long and almost a football field wide.
- Number of licensed beds: 338
- Number of private patient rooms: 386 (includes emergency and NICU beds)
- Number of operating rooms: 28
- There are16 labor and delivery suites and capacity to care for 36 infants in the NICU
- A 2.2-mile pneumatic tube network moves lab samples and supplies within the hospital. The tube has an underground connection from the hospital to the RiverBend Annex, home to PeaceHealth Labs, six-tenths of a mile away. Blood, drugs and surgical supplies move at speeds of 25 feet per second - about 17 miles per hour - propelled by compressed air and guided by bar-code technology.
- Approximate cost of the entire RiverBend campus development: $567 million
- Sacred Heart at RiverBend was Oregon’s largest construction project in 2006, according to the Portland Daily Journal of Commerce
- The number of people working on the project peaked at 655 trade workers per day in October 2007.
- Renewal of Sacred Heart's original campus, Sacred Heart Medical Center- University District, will begin at a later date in the future. The 104-bed University District campus includes a 24-hour emergency department, inpatient behavioral health, the Gamma Knife Center and the Oregon Rehabilitation Center.