Choosing your coverage in Oregon
The Health Insurance Marketplace is the way for people in Oregon to purchase health coverage.
- Visit www.healthcare.gov or call (800)318-2596.
- Call PeaceHealth customer service, (877) 202-3597 to talk to one of our representatives trained to help you enroll.
The insurance marketplace is the way to find coverage that protects you and your familiy from large medical bills and helps you stay healthy.
PeaceHealth staff are trained to assist you
Our patient advocates are available to answer your questions, explain your insurance options, and get you signed up for coverage.
When you are ready to enroll, it is best to set up an appointment. Enrollment takes about two hours. Patient advocates in each PeaceHealth medical center can answer questions on a walk-in basis and are available for inpatients who’d like to enroll in coverage.
Advocates also are available by calling PeaceHealth customer service at (877) 202-3597.
Prepare to choose
- Make a list of questions before it’s time to choose coverage. For example, “Can I stay with my current doctor?” And “Will this plan cover my health costs when I’m traveling?”
- Understand how insurance works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out of-pocket maximums, copayments and coinsurance. Knowing about these will make choosing a plan easier.
- Gather information about your household income. To find out whether you are eligible for discounts, you’ll need information found on your W-2, pay stub or tax return.